The need for a label

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Emily Sis
      FREE

<p style=”text-align: left;”>If one were to go back into my youth they would find a very scared and confused person.  Back then, I was not sure then why I was different but back then I had to put it away…. bury it.  I hid myself in books and I would take myself to those far away places I read about.  My family was a very anti LGBTQ home.  Things happened to make me push my true feelings into the ground.  Then I escaped to college, by this time I was a regular “guy” but I was a panty wearing one.  In the closet per se…  I met a girl, whom was a great love of mine.  Eventually I said I wanted to wear panties to her, she laughed… I wore panties.   We ended up having a great time but then she pushed me away after I started wanting more feminine wear.  Eventually we broke up and I found myself dressing in lingerie and bras etc and slips… all while being the rough tough “guy” none of my roommates or friends knew I had a big pile of panties and slips and such.  I meet some men during this time of my self discovery and it was a good as I remembered it from years ago.  Its just a phase I was in…  Then I meet my wife… great woman,  I move in, purged all me feminine stuff, I don’t need that anymore.   Soon I find myself regretting that decision.   I eventually tell my wife I want to wear panties.   She wasn’t too keen buy accepted it.  Then she tries like a sweetheart to find mens underwear that would be suitable because I like the fabric… remember,  I was a man still as lables go… a straight man.  Fast forward, and here I am today, but what label? Transgender? Gender-queer? Gender Fluid?  I know I am not a crossdresser, I only own womens clothes (save for some jeans I need for cutting wood etc for winter firewood.)  I for one, hate labels.   When I came out to my wife I said I was gender fluid, why? Because I fear what she may think, after a life of hearing my family speak ill towards Transgender or queer or gays… whatever derogatory word was used… I still couldn’t say I am Transgender… yet I am… I want everyone here to know, though I do not present as female, I AM TRANSGENDER.  I love the real me, but only I know Emily.   Thank you for reading.   Sorry if I offended anyone.</p>

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I don’t think you said anything that is offensive as far as I can tell.

Many people get hung up on labels, but I would suggest thinking of them as descriptions and shorthand. If I wanted to tell someone how things sat for me I could say:

• I identify as Transgender, Non-Binary, Lesbian (6 words)

Or:

• I identify as Transgender because I realized that I have always been an amalgam of male and female thoughts, energies and perspectives. I am Non-Binary because I am neither completely male nor completely female in my thinking. I am primarily attracted to women. (43 words)

Which is easier?

In terms of the various descriptive words, here are a couple of sets of definitions. There are many others, but I knew where to find these 2 quickly. Note that there will be a bit of variance in how the terms are defined.

https://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender
      https://www.hrc.org/resources/glossary-of-terms

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?