The ‘rule’, not the ‘exception’…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

While digging through the news this morning, I came upon a very nice article. By now, everyone has heard about what happened at Club Q in Colorado Springs. While very sad and troubling, I don’t want to dwell on the ‘exception’, rather on the ‘rule’ The ‘rule’ in this case comes in the form of a straight, US Army veteran, who didn’t care, but acted on instincts “Because it’s about community”. His words, not mine. And who is the ‘him’ I refer to? A former U.S. Army officer, named Richard M. Fierro, two-time Bronze Star recipient. “The 45-year-old Fierro was there to watch his first drag show with his daughter, her boyfriend and several other friends. He joined because one of his daughter’s friends was performing.”

He could have said to himself, ‘the heck with this and walked out’. But he didn’t. He did the right thing; for ‘community’. Something we tend to loose sight of at times. Because Mr. Fierro is the ‘rule’; and not the ‘exception’.

BTW, both Club Q and the Atrevida Beer Co are listed in our Local Places. So, if you can, check them out, and send them a note of thanks and support. Michelle

Alexis Wassermann
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

We must never lose face

Alexis

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

We must all be thankful for those who run towards the burning building rather than away…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?