Therapist Search

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi Friends,

I’m a 58 year old man, and have been a CD for longer than I can remember. In the last few years, I’ve become more open about dressing androgynously/fem out in public and at work. I have not presented myself full fem. My spouse wants no part of this side of me. I thought I could keep my fem side hidden and not have any desire to go further. I’m not getting any younger and don’t want to regret not having explored and decided if a transition is right for me. As for my spouse, I don’t want to cross that bridge until I know how i want to proceed. I have been feeling a stronger and stronger tug at moving over the other side. It feels so right and in line with my inner self. I feel like I want to live my truth and be my true self. I want to explore this with a gender therapist. How do I go about finding a qualified therapist? Those of you who have made this journey, how did you find someone to talk with?

I appreciate any and all advice you can give me.

Samantha

Samantha,

I understand your feelings, and they aren’t anything unusual. What I did when my time came was to Google “transgender therapists in Minnesota”, read through those that were reasonably close, and made a short list of options. At the same time, I was asking friends in the area who they know of and would recommend. I was fortunate to get positive comments on the therapist I had on the top of my list, and it’s worked out great.

Oh, aside from the local listings, I had found this national one:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/transgender

Best wishes and hugs,

Evelyn

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Samantha:

I think working with a therapist can be very beneficial. Some here may discount it, but the thing is that we cannot counsel ourselves. The human mind will go to great lengths to keep things low key and avoid stress and change. Considering transitioning is not low key, not a way to avoid stress and requires change.

So, yours is a common story here. There are no shortcuts. We all need to work through our issues piece by piece. There are no points for speed or style. The important thing is to figure out how to be ourselves.

Also, please complete your Profile page when you have time. It is a good way for others to understand what’s going well, what’s not going so well and what your goals are.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Advice for Transitioning’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?