trans friendly designer

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello.

I’m not trans myself, but have had many friends that are. I came here because I wanted to ask the wider trans community questions about how I can design public spaces to be more inclusive to the community.

I’m currently working on a project where I’m designing a mixed brand clothing retail store as part of a group. I wanted to have the clothing displays be gender neutral with those marketed to men and women being integrated. My group members think that the fact that the sizing is different would make this unrealistic. We were able to agree that the fitting rooms would be gender neutral.

My question to you would be how do you shop for clothing? Does having to shop in a “mens” or “womens” section cause dysphoria or is it affirming to shop in a section of a store that matches your identity? Do you have any suggestions as to how the layout of the store could be designed with you in mind? If clothing sized for men and those sized for women are separated, how could the labels assigned to them in store signage be more inclusive then mens clothes and women’s clothes?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have. I’d love to hear any opinions you’re willing to share.

Tash Design First I want to say…
      This is a Wonderful IDEA…Right Now
      I don’t think I have enough Experience to give you Advice..
      In how to make this… a Wonderful Shopping Experience..
      Good luck to You..Jessica 💕

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?