Transhumanism, whoa, trippy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

https://www.out.com/news-opinion/2014/09/08/4-things-know-about-ceo-martine-rothblatt

Pn. Rothblatt is interviewed about life, family, business and a new to me religion called Transhumanism I just learned about. Incredible. Blew my mind! This is a fun read.

Humanism, trans or not, has a lot of controversy associated with it.  Being a spiritual person I think it trivializes real human lives and experiences and is the first of many steps in a direction that marginalizes human life itself.  A cheap AI app on your iPhone, really?  That’s all I am worth?  Nonsense.

Yeah, I don’t think some of one’s knowledge, reactions and facsimile of their voice programmed into a Barbie Hair doll is my idea of immortality, ha ha!

I certainly don’t think that technology is omniscient. Interesting how one could make that leap. I’ll have to read the book.

I like the “Pn.”/Person prefix. Taking gender off of our identification documents seems to have some merit for equity. I still thoroughly enjoy declaring my gender there, however. Reminds me of the book, “After Trans Does Gender Matter” about how gender markers on ID can harm non-passing and androgynous people in real life.

Anonymous
      a

Trans-humanism

Sounds to me like another professional student majoring in what we are to believe as human mannerisms found another niche’ to vent. The definition he/they have come up with are as follows
      A
      An outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters. Humanist beliefs stress the potential value and goodness of human beings, emphasize common human needs, and seek solely rational ways of solving human problems.
      • a Renaissance cultural movement which turned away from medieval scholasticism and revived interest in ancient Greek and Roman thought. (among some contemporary writers) a system of thought criticized as being centered on the notion of the rational, autonomous self and ignoring the unintegrated and conditioned nature of the individual.
           Has the world forgotten that all this, as we are and what we are doing is about “love” and what a person who feels different from the orientation their creator has chosen for them goes through to find it, Period
           Has anyone took the time to go through all of the labeling definitions man has come up with to define us to “the status quo”  from A-gender to two personality. And they still have 6 letters of the alphabet to utilize. Yes Dasia, it is not only trippy. It seems it must be accomplished before we have foundation for our rights.
           As for me ? I’ll  call you girl or Hun. (If that’s OK with all of you).
                                       Toodles Tracee

Tracee,

I enjoy the rational, egalitarian and ethical views of humanism. Satanism also deals with these. Both, however, only deal with humans not any supernatural being or gods/God. Transhumanism gives technology a diety identity. I find that trippy. Seems to be a megalomaniacal stance. I haven’t read anymore about Pn. Rothblatt’s ideas on this new religion but I mean to. Honestly not all religions have gods/God in their belief structures. Buddhism is one of them. It’s interesting to me. I think we should all love and be loved. Also an interesting side note is that humans are psychologically social beings so is it really so surprising that trait is supported by religions?

I’m 43 so I’d rather be called a woman, not a girl or gurl. I’m finding it ever so common that cis women will call trans women girls but themselves ladies. I take it as demeaning. As for “hun”, sure it sounds nice, if you also use it for the other genders. I know I probably sound like a stickler but I actively work against sexism, ableism, racism and ageism. Those four are running rampant right now. Thanks for asking. 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?