Transitioning from Oedipus

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello,

I am a transitioned female. I am 52 finally and firmly accepting of the fact that my only parent is in the last days of her life, I feel like something has been removed, like a debt I owe for my childhood, I actually had a rewarding childhood. It was always better when I could be one of the girls. My adolescence was disturbed by my brothers domestic violence. I almost castrated myself needless to say the family is not without mental illness. We have all been diagnosed with a DSM of some types. Lapsing into this phase of my life when I know my family are not my care providers I feel stringent, but also I am able to see that my spirituality is important, and that the guilt and shame of letting go and the release from it is an accomplishment, on the merit that I can decide from now on who I can let be members of my family, within organizations or otherwise.

Robben……being our own boss and decision maker……is truly a freedom. Hope things work out better for you sweetie.

Dame Veronica

I had been just a care provider for so long. My parents approval or disapproval of me turned out to mean so little. Yes I am glad I came out to her,and that it didn’t kill either of us, but it is like you say if we can continue living our lives on our own,and in our own way I would prefer it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘The Emotional Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?