Under a shadow

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I was going to go to the local Beaumont society* meeting tonight.  I’d put together a nice outfit I was pleased with, but after putting on my makeup and taking care to colour correct, all I could see in the mirror was my moustache shadow.  I was downcast and felt unable to face anyone and ended up slumped on the sofa watching TV instead before having a good cry and coming here to give myself a pep talk.

Normally I try and pluck all my bristles out the day before I want to head out and make a good impression.  However since I’ve started electrolysis I was told to stop that, partly to help time which hairs are ripe to remove, and partly because it only encourages more hairs to grow.  Shaving only is the rule for now.  Having jet black bristles really does not help, especially the extra dense strip under my nose.   Shaving well and a bit of colour correction does wonders with the rest of the beard, but not the moustache.

Over a year ago I started plucking the moustache out as it gives 3 or 4 days of lovely clear skin and I feel happy with my face, even without makeup.  Then the shadow returns, followed by the bristles breaking the surface two to three weeks later, which is when I repeat the cycle.   This is why the moustache hair is the first thing that is going with the electrolysis.  I’ve hated it for long enough.

I know I should have gone tonight anyway, that the nice ladies at the meeting would not even notice my shadow, it is just my own paranoia, but once something like that hits me, I just can’t unsee it and get it out of my mind.

Sorry for sounding pathetic, but if I don’t record this somewhere then I won’t have the incentive to do better the next time I get upset over what I see in the mirror.

“Jasmine! Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get your butt out of that door.”

best wishes to you all

Jasmine

* http://www.beaumontsociety.org.uk

We all have our moments that the struggle to transition feels overly burdensome.  These are the moments we need that your virtual and local support networks most to encourage us.  Even then good friends will be understanding if you just have to practice a little self care in taking a short break then in mustering the strength to get back in the flow.

Another problem with plucking hairs is that it can damage the follicle making it harder for the electrolysis needle to reach the most effective spot for killing its ability to regrow hair.

Anonymous

Ah yes, she did show me the diagrams of various hair follicles including damaged ones, while explaining how the process works and the way hair grows.

And thank you for your kind words Cloe.  I feel like I spent most of my life letting myself down so I really don’t want to waste time feeling sorry for myself now!

Anonymous

Hi Jasmine

Have you tried orange concealer?  I have very heavy dark growth and it works wonders.  It really is excellent for balancing out the dark shadow…although I do look like an oompa loompa before slapping on some foundation. 🙂

Anonymous

Thank you for the suggestion.  I’ve used a salmon pink concealer, and also colour corrector, and both work well on the rest of the beard which is more sparse or has thinner bristles.

In some lights I feel like I’ve managed to subdue the moustache shadow, but wander into another room and it jumps out again.  The only way I’ve managed to hide it is with a good layer of concealer and a good layer of foundation followed with some corrector on top.  However, too much makeup doesn’t look good on my rapidly aging face.  I’ve seen some ladies who manage to do a thicker but flawless layer of foundation but they have younger unwrinkled skin so can get away with it.

Anyway I am taking positive action to deal with it: I just wish I could get it all done and dusted quickly.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?