Updated Blood Work Benefit

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brielle
      FREE

Hi everyone, I have a routine check-in with my endocrinologist soon, and did some blood work this week. The last blood work was in February; I started on spironolactone in November with estradiol patches in March. I have low initial doses of both due to my age. The spiro leveled out because my potassium level was rising. This week, it is a little over the recommended high limit.

I would be concerned, but it gives me the opportunity to get an orchiectomy sooner than I might have planned. I am getting it done at some point regardless. That will eliminate the need for the spironolactone and get rid of my unwelcome testosterone, making the estradiol work that much better and faster! Yay! It’s win-win-win!

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Brielle, yep, that is exactly why I got my orchiectomy right off the bat. I have never been on spiro and it has certainly worked out for me. There are quite a few ladies here that have gone the orchi route, and I’m sure we’d love to pass on any tips and tricks for the after surgery healing you’ll be going through. Hugs, Michelle

Brielle
        FREE

Well, my wife and I are moving to separate places this month. Not just because of my transition, but if I knew I’d still be in this place now, I’d have asked for the orchi in November (giggles)!

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

By Jove, I think you’ve Got It!?!?

You know, a bit of levity always helps…

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

“got my orchiectomy right off the bat”

Double Entendre?!?!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Real Life Transition Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?