Wasn't I Born With These Rights?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jasmine 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jasmine
    Founder

We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; …

• Author
    Replies
     Jasmine 
    Founder

MANAGING AMBASSADOR

I caught myself in violation of my own rules, I am not here to change your perception of your reality but seeking others to help me understand more about myself. So what this means to me

preservation of life, & liberty , & the pursuit of happiness;

Preservation of life: to keep alive or in existence; make lasting

Liberty: the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one’s way of life, behavior, or political views

Pursuit of happiness: fundamental right mentioned in the Declaration of Independence to freely pursue joy and live life in a way that makes you happy, as long as you don’t do anything illegal or violate the rights of others

I want to stay alive, and to make lasting, I want to be able to be myself, though I know many people out there will try to discourage me from making the changes in my life that would that would  make me lasting. While I stay silent, I put on a mask to appease those that would make it harder for me to pursue a life of happiness, and now I feel they are oppressing me by me living with restrictions, cause obviously I am live in self preservation mode, cause I need to be able to take care of myself, since being me has already cost me a marriage.

Cloe (CC) Webb 
    Ambassador

AMBASSADOR - EDITOR

I refuse to lay down any rights.  I may run in to obstacles, but I know how to jump a hedgegow, bulldoze a closet, politely ask to be treated respectfully.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Mia West 
    Participant

SILVER

Years ago a friend of mine told me that so often I took these ideas for granted. He was right I gave very little forethought as to how new in history these ideas are. Those ideas were also written for white, male, land, owners. I, as a transwoman, was not born with these rights at least not the year of my birth. I gave that up when I gave up my white male privilege the day I came out. I am so thankful for all who have lost their lives, freedom, families, home, and jobs in the struggle for me to have the same rights as everyone else.

1 user thanked author for this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account