What happens AFTER full transition

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

More so asking other transmen but anyone can answer

Do you still need to take hormones for the rest of your life? Even after every single surgery?

And also is it possible to after full transition to live your life exactly like a cis person, where anti-trans laws don’t apply to you if you move to or live in a country that gets anti-lgbt laws or lacks rights?

(For instance Would any trump laws affect someone post full transition)

Anonymous

Akira

Hi I am Tiana Tracy, (Tia)  and welcome. I am intersex and will be becoming a full female early next year. I have been on HRT for 19 months. To answer your question is difficult. Most girls do have to remain on a low dose Estrodiol after SRS. Your Dr. will guide you properly and much depends on how much FFS you get to appear female to the masses. It also depends on other variables girl. Once again a Dr. can and will guide you as mine is me, i.e. other girls as well. Go on chat and listen, watch, and ask some of us older girls as well.

Second: I am living my life much as I did before transforming. I do have some gender dysphoria. but for the most part I live, I love, I am me and the laws protect us here in the U.S. from harm. My community sees us as female here in Ohio. Basically you live as comfortable as you feel. Your shrink or PHD will assist you.

As for boys you’d be best to tread lightly. This isn’t a dating site. Wanna talk to boys try CD heaven. But once again you will be warned/banned if you solicit anyone … Here or there.

Huggz Tia

Charlie
      FREE

Hi Akira!

As we are pioneers with medicine, the field changes as rapidly as the answers to various questions.  Each individual is different and has a unique constellation of needs and goals.  We are literally making all this up as we go along.

Read everything you can get your hands on, of course.  The link below has a wealth of information that can get you started.

http://www.ftmguide.org/index.html

An excerpt at this link that might help:
      <p style=”font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; color: #000000; font-size: 12px;”>Do I have to stay on T my whole life?
      Generally, most trans men remain on a maintenance level of T for their whole lives, even after they have gone through significant masculinization. There are a number of reasons for this, both health-related and emotionally-related.</p>
      <p style=”font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; color: #000000; font-size: 12px;”>First, if your ovaries are still present and functional, the cessation of testosterone may cause the return of certain feminine body characteristics, including monthly periods (see section below on “What changes are permanent?” for more information on stopping T). Second, if your ovaries have been removed or are no longer functional and you stop taking testosterone, your body will not be able to produce a “normal” amount of either estrogen or testosterone by itself. This would cause a menopause-like state, which could include hot flashes, loss of bone mass (see also the section below on bone density), and other health considerations. Maintaining a level of testosterone within a healthy range over the lifetime of a trans man can protect against those potential problems. There are differing medical opinions as to the benefits and drawbacks to hormone replacement therapies– be sure to speak to your doctor if you are considering stopping testosterone therapy for any reason.</p>
      <p style=”font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; color: #000000; font-size: 12px;”>There are other reasons why trans men remain on T for their whole lives. Many feel more emotionally balanced and at home in their bodies with a maintenance level of testosterone. T can also help maintain the libido. Finally, for some men, testosterone is an integral part of their male identity.</p>

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?