Where to begin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Ive been in the closet for a couple years now, i’m finally beginning to accept myself and i’m preparing to come out and transition. i can really use some advice on where to start hrt. should i go to planned parenthood? a community center?

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Hi:

I have no experience with this, but are there any support groups or LGBT centers near you? Often they have counselors who can help you understand how the process goes and what you need to do…

Hi, Nora.  I faced the same question prior to starting HRT.  After considering options, I chose to begin the process by finding  therapist experienced in TG issues.  I searched nearby groups and individuals before making my selection.  The first one didn’t “feel right” to me.  She was much younger then me and I had difficulty making a solid connection.  Maybe due to telehealth.  The second choice was face to face and we clicked.  It helped me tremendously, in the sense that she asked me questions that I hadn’t considered.  She helped me be absolutely sure about my decision as well as educated me on the what to expect in practical terms.

I would suggest you start with a counselor, mostly to help adjusting and coping to the different changes that we go thru, physical as well as mental and emotional.  I, for one, think this is the best and perhps safest way to move forward.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?