Who Did You First "Come Out" to???

Who did you Come out to First? Who did you tell?

Who was the first person to know about the real you?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • My Mother
  • My Father
  • My Sister/s
  • My Brother/s
  • My Spouse/Partner
  • My Child, Children.
  • Other Family Members
  • My Best Friend
  • Friends
  • Work Colleague/s
  • I did it on Social Media
  • I'm still in the closet.
  • None of the above (Explain in comments)
  • Creator
    Topic
    Cami
    Ambassador

Hi Everyone.

It’s time again for the TGH monthly poll, And this month It’s all about “Coming Out”.

Who did you tell first?

Did you plan it ahead of time running scenarios through your mind? , Did you blurt it out in an unplanned way or did someone guess and ask?

You may even still be in the closet contemplating how to go about it.

We’re doing Multiple answer’s for the first time too so feel free to vote on any and all that apply to you.

As always your responses may help others in our community who are following in your brave footsteps.

I look forward to your Coming Out story’s and why am I now humming McCartneys “Coming Up” now .lol

I guess it still works “Coming Out…..Like a flower …Coming out!!!

Hugs Cami xx

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Maya Brooks
      Participant

SILVER

<p style=”text-align: center;”>The first person I actually told was my Occupational Therapist who had been supporting me with mental health issues. They do these periodic reviews (called IROC) and i had consistently put that i was struggling with self-identity. So she asked if I wanted to talk about it and I had this feeling that I could trust her and it would be safe to tell her.</p>

Brenda Leigh
      Participant

FREE

Of course, at my age, my life partner!!!

Rachel Rohmanof
      Participant

FREE

Hi all,

The first person I ever told was a counselor, who seemed very enthusiastic to the point that I didn’t trust her objectivity after a short time.

The second was my ex-girlfriend. She took it as well as can be expected initially, but even though she never saw me dressed (no one has!), she quickly turned very sour on the concept. I purged a nice wardrobe of great clothes for her, and she broke up with me shortly after that anyway.

So, now all of you reading this are the next people who I have said anything to about this whole thing. Thanks for listening.

Rachel

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Tiffany Alexis
      Participant

SILVER

I was busted by my wife, now ex wife, who told no one, she is too scared about her “image”. She screams at me plenty but has no real comprehension what transgender is. She thinks I need to pray harder to make my betrayal go away, and that I’m a “disgusting abomination”. 5 months later she has still never even asked my name. So she doesn’t count.

I came out to my psychiatrist in August, he was very supportive, turns out he is a trans ally who is wanting to get more involved. I’m going to show him Project Unity when I go back in a couple of weeks.

i came out to my brother October 15th. He was immediately and unconditionally accepting. Asked me what name I wanted to be called. Said that he did not care if I was his brother or his sister because I was the same person, the same kickass dad, same awesome older brother, and his best friend, no matter what, and that will never change. He wanted to see my pics, and wants to know when we will go celebrate. My little brother. I’m so damn proud to be related to him, my little brother is my hero.

Tiffany

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Cami
        Ambassador

AMBASSADOR

Thanks for sharing Tiffany.

I remember the tumultuous time you had, Glad your in a better place now.

Thanks for sharing and it’s good to see you here.

Hugs Cami xx

Terri Lucher
      Participant

FREE

I came out to a man I was seeing on a regular basis.

Cami
        Ambassador

AMBASSADOR

Terri references to sex acts a not allowed at TGH. I have modified you response.

Cami.

Paul Kisvarda
      Participant

FREE

My wife after she found my things then a co worker that has always had my back

LeslieAnne
      Participant

FREE

I first came out to a friend of mine , he sort sort of accepted me but let it go at that. We are still friends but thats it . I also had a friend on here i confided in , it was nice for a while but she turned out to be a flake , here to day gone tomorrow . I would love to have someone to be close with , close by maybe , that is a dream or mine . It may never happen ,so i just do by myself the best i can . I get a lot of help by being here and reading about all the girls here and their experiences like me . Thanks to you all , and love to you. Leslie

Meran Berwyck
      Participant

FREE

I saw over 70% responded to Spouse.  I’m one of them.  But it wasn’t a good thing.

I hid my crossdressing from both of my exes and came out to both.  The first one flipped out as if I had just committed murder!  Not long after, I divorced her.  I came out to my 2nd ex about six months into the marriage.  She accepted it but she asked that I keep it in the closet (inside the home).   But after some time, she got tired of it all.  She missed the man she married, she wanted a man in bed with her, every night.  Well, I couldn’t do that.  I was too far into my ‘need’ to feel comfortable.  Guess who was the first to have an affair!

Sheryl Johnstone
      Participant

FREE

More like ‘coming clean’ to those who busted me, first was my younger sister when we were teenagers.

Second was my fiance who went ahead with the wedding and we are still together after 45 years.

Third etc was housekeeper, neighbour, friends and adult daughter.

Then came the first time I actually told someone who had not busted me.

Our adult son had to know.  Our daughter was becoming a little stressed in keeping the family secret from her brother.

My wife was stressed over our son’s partner, then mother of our granddaughter, now his fiance and with a second granddaughter

The partner comes from a highly religious background, my wife’s concerns were that I would not be accepted by the partner and that we would be alienated from the granddaughter.

The end result was somewhat of an anticlimax, with both son and partner fully accepting Sheryl and inviting me to be with them as Sheryl on my next visit.

At the time, they were living 4000km away from us and we only visited 2 or 3 times a year.

That next trip was a delight when Sheryl  did meet the partner and was treated to a lunch/shopping outing, but that’s another story.

Janice Buchanan
      Participant

I came out of the closet with my girlfriend

Todd Maki
      Participant

FREE

I came out to my partner(girlfriend) when we first were dating. She’s fine with me transitioning to a female. We’ve been together 7 years. and even my transition will not break us apart. She absolutely loves my real self(feminine).

Chris Landwer
      Participant

FREE

I first came out to my doctor, then my wife.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account