Why didn’t I do this before?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi I’m Alex. I’ve been a member here a couple of months but only now feel able to write an introduction. What do you write when you are only a few months into transition?

Like many here I’m 50+ back in my youth trans just wasn’t known about, even being gay was something no-one talked or knew much about. To do so was dangerous…and there was no google! I’m bi to be honest and always felt, looked and acted like a woman. I had no parents growing up so largely built my own world and lived in it. Always been female in emotion and interests, and became a professional artist. I’ve hidden most of the inner me from others in my 6′ 2″ frame…which made it a bit easier. Relationships with women always soured as I became the woman, and not the knight in shining armour they thought. Not a great success those. Always hated my image in the mirror, I avoided photos and seeing myself…as it just isn’t me.

That has changed, since I accepted that I am a woman and started therapy…I’m happy, truly happy…for the first time in my life. Even friends and family say I’m so much better now I’ve stepped out. My sister said, “you’ve always been a woman, everyone knows that.” I had no idea! I was the only one who thought my disguise worked. I love all things female, especially shopping, shoes, clothes, gossip and romance. I cry without embarrassment at films now…at last.

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Alex, reading that sorta sounds like I was talking to myself. Amazing how we have walked down quite similar paths. Well, not the artist thing. But I guess in a way, everyone is an artist if they strive to do the best they can in whatever they do. Life is a bit of art. Each morning we get a new canvas, new paints, and new brushes. As the day progresses, we start and finally complete the day’s picture. Sometimes the picture is a masterpiece, sometimes not so much. So, keep on with your artistry, and continue to paint an even more beautiful masterpiece each day. Michelle

Quite so Michelle! Putting on make-up…now that is art…and one of the hardest things I’m having to learn. Looks easy until you try eh?

You are both so Right, with everything both of you said…
          AΔΊex…you have SO MUCH to give,
          And So Much to gain, from being a Member of TGH site. I hope to talk to you soon…πŸ’•

Hi Alex,

Welcome to our Wonderful, Accepting, Loving, Helpful Community where you can be safe and be yourself.
      The Warmth, Compaasion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.
      You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

Glad you are here. Looking forward to more sharing,
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

======== TGH Membership PLANS ===================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/choose-your-plan/#link_acc-1-3-d

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Alex:

The idea behind an Introduction (and also the Profile page) is to bring others up to speed regarding how your life has gone to this point and how you see it evolving in the future. People can’t think about what they may say that would be helpful if they don’t have some sort of sense about who you are.

So, thanks for completing your Profile page! I usually have to remind people to do that because I don’t think that everyone understands its value.

Also, if you would like to search for other members who may be nearby, click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?