Yesterday I told my work manager I want to transition

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Yesterday my work manager phoned me just to see how I was doing. I had had some very serious news about my dear Aunt Teresa, her cancer had returned big time and I was very upset.

As we were talking it just felt right to tell her that I didn’t identify as male and was going down the transition route. There was a brief moment of silence, then all she said was “that’s very interesting”. Her husband is a doctor so am sure they both know about gender dysphoria. I felt that a burden had lifted from me, that she was so accepting. The next step is to speak to somone from Human Resources and everyone else in my work environment and hope they’ll be as accepting.

I’m wearing a padded bra as I write this so my budding breasts stick out a bit and my black sparkly necklace shows, as does a flash of nyloned ankle above my boots. One person has kept ogling me so far but notging has been said.

I feel so much more liberated as Melanie, love the feel of my clothes and am so much more confident.

It’s a long road but I feel that I’ve passed a milestone. No way I’m turning back now!

Love and hugs from Melanie xxxx

That is one amazing milestone too!Β  Congratulations sister!

Some employers have an Employee Assistance Program which is a 3rd party contracted entity that help employees managed personal issues that impact work without fear of employer knowing.Β  I used ours and they helped me navigate policy and connected me with a trans mentor for transition on the job.

Hi Cloe

It was a big step but one I felt I just had to take. I’ve felt stifled in my male persona for far too long; existing but not really living.

I will be seeing my counsellor tomorrow and hopefully have a good long chat and sort out the next step or two.

It’s at least in part thanks to you, my sisters and friends that gave me the impetus to finally speak up.

Thank you and love to you all. Xxx fron Mel.

That’s great a milestone for you.You finally be what you intended to be.Congrats

Melanie……I am happy for you, dear. Things appear to be progressing very well for. All the best. Am sorry to hear about your Aunt….may God look after her and help her fight the cancer.

Love…..

Dame Veronica

Hi Dame Veronica

Many thanks for your message of support. It means a lot to me. I was really upset when I first found out but logic tells me my aunt has survived this before and the cancer has been detected at an early stage so there is every reason to be hopeful.

I’m seeing my counsellor tomorrow for a good long girly chat and discuss the next steps. Milestones like these are important in marking out my journey and will be something to look back on years hence.

It is so vital to me to know I’m not the only one trapped in the wrong body and I’m not alone.

Love and hugs from Melanie xxx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Real Life Transition Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?