The senior health center is part of University of New Mexico`s Hospital system and provides primary care and consultation needs for patients aged 70 years and older.
Older patients have specific, unique needs and the clinicians in this clinic have received extra training in the care of older adults. The clinic has a blend of physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
Some examples of what geriatricians manage include:
- Urinary incontinence
- Falls prevention
- Polypharmacy (meaning taking many medications in a day)
- Multi-comorbidity (having many medical problems), etc.
More Articles by
- Searching for a Spot to Land
- A Tale of Two Necklaces
- Share your Story
- Exploring the Controversy over Transgender Individuals Competing
- Silent Discrimination – A Curse or a Blessing!
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.