The Kennedy Space Center is the primary launch site to space for the United States. It is a secured site and is not open to unbadged personnel. Adjacent to KSC is a visitor’s center which has many educational and entertainment options as well as tours of KSC.
KSC is operated by NASA and has thousands if employees.
Job opportunities are advertised on https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/?
No phone number is listed for this facility as it would not be helpful. You should use the website to narrow in on what department you are interested in and go from there.
LGBTQ Special Emphasis
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Special Emphasis Program
In 2016 NASA created the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Special Emphasis Program embracing another community within our workforce, without any legal obligation to do so. The LGBTQ Special Emphasis Manager works with agency leadership to identify and address key issues and areas affecting NASA’s LGBTQ employees and allies. We believe we are creating an inclusive environment that is conducive to the recognition, development, understanding, and utilization of each employee’s abilities, skills, and knowledge in order to achieve maximum productivity.
The purpose of the program is to provide LGBTQ awareness and education to NASA employees and partners while focusing on such issues as employment, retention, promotion, training, career development and advancement opportunities affecting LGBTQ applicants and employees.
Specifically the role of the LGBTQ Program Manager is as follows:
- Provide advice to leadership on matters affecting employment and advancement of LGBTQ employees
- Promote and establish effective and equitable participation of LGBTQ employees in the work force
- Provide LGBTQ awareness and education to NASA employees and partners
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with community, professional and national organizations, college and universities
- Provide NASA representation at national, federal and regional meetings concerning LGBTQ issues
Federal Policy and Resources
- Executive Order 11478, as amended, expressly prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity within executive branch civilian employment
- Executive Order 13583 – Establishing a Coordinated Government-Wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce
- OPM Transgender Guidance: Guidance Regarding the Employment of Transgender Individuals in the Federal Workplace (2011)
- Guidance on the Extension of Benefits to Married Gay and Lesbian Federal Employees, Annuitants, and Their Families
- Federal Management Regulation (FMR) bulletin to clarify that the nondiscrimination requirement includes gender identity as a prohibited basis of discrimination under the existing prohibition of sex discrimination for any facility under the jurisdiction, custody, or control of GSA.
- Best Practices: A Guide to Restroom Access for Transgendered Workers
More Articles byView all articles by
Kennedy Space Center
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.