Reply To: BotMC – Introduction

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

REDEFINING REALNESS (My Path to Womanhood, Identity, Love & So Much More) by Janet Mock (2014)

263 Pages
Published by ATRIA Paperback

This is a Tell-All book in the sense that she details all phases of her life. This covers childhood, the separation of her parents, relationships with her family members, living at various times in Hawaii, Dallas and Oakland, redefining herself as female in high school, winning a scholarship to attend the University of Hawaii, doing sex work to fund her surgeries, her transition and adult relationships. At first she was reluctant to tell her story in detail but eventually she included just about everything as the story would not ring true otherwise. Nothing was obvious to me that something was missing. What I came away with was a sense of a woman who, against ALL the odds, dealt with and overcame all those elements that would work to throw her off her chosen path.

I actually met Janet when she made an appearance here in Palm Springs. I had the sense that she would just be an interesting person to spend time with; not because of her past, but because of her future…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?