Reply To: Should I go to my local Gender Identity Clinic?

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Not a problem!

Many here, including me, talk about the benefits of working with a therapist. The deal is this…

You’ve probably heard the term Prime Directive from the Star Trek shows and movies. Basically, it is a concept that is fundamental to how things are supposed to work; in this case, do not interfere with other peoples and cultures.

Well, our minds also have a Prime Directive. It is to protect us, keep us safe and out of danger. But, there is a problem. Coming to understand our gender identity and our sexuality causes a MAJOR shift in how we think of ourselves and what we need to do going forward. It is a source of a lot of stress and difficulty. However, in order to keep us safe and free of stress, the mind will attempt to avoid the consideration of such things. This is how we get to denial. There is great fear of falling into the unknown and trying to bring about change. So, we don’t let ourselves think about these things that would cause a great upheaval. What a therapist does, among other things, is help us stay focused on what we need to think about and work through those forces that make us want to avoid thinking about difficult things. This is stuff that is very hard for us to do on our own….

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?