Reply To: Clothing shops’ changing room policies

Dana Munson
SILVER

Like some of the other ladies in this thread, I live 24/7 en femme, and so I also shop that way.  No changing room issues to-date. And no, I don’t think that’s always because I “pass” 100% with any store attendant present. Rather, here in So. Cal., it’s just not an issue for the store(s) – because legally it can’t be an issue, thanks to Calif. Civil Code section 51(b).  A store, gym or any other facility serving the public can’t prohibit a patron from using a sex-segregated area (changing room, restroom) that aligns with their gender identity. They’re not supposed to ask for ID, either.  So yeah, the exact opposite situation of what goes on in a few other states (not to be mentioned).

Of course, the law notwithstanding, it would be, ummmm, “interesting” to see how a store would react if some anti-trans female customer “read” me and started raising an unholy stink (hey, it’s a fairly “liberal” region, but we do have our share of bigots scattered around). But I’ve thus far rubbed shoulders with a number of other women going into and out of changing rooms and . . . nothing. Zip. Total non-event. And may I add I have thus far (knock on wood) had the same experience in public restrooms.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?