Reply To: It’s been Transgender Week of Awareness, how aware do we want to be?

Barb
FREE

Good Q, Lauren!

Well… hmm… Sometimes I think announcing anything about me is just an invitation for others to question and criticize who I am. It’s kinda like asking for someone’s’ approval. I’m not looking for approval, just some decent and mature respect and acceptance.

For me… I claim the mantle of “non-binary” as a way to gently draw-in anyone who asks, “What are you?” Every day I look feminine – long hair, make up, plus sunny-smiles for everyone I meet (most days). So, no matter what I wear, I get lots of quizzical looks.

Interestingly, everyone I’ve met on the LGBTQIA+ world always asks what my pronouns are. Not many cis folks yet do, assuming they’re cis, but I never ask. I like They, Them, She, and He in that order and my path is leading towards the female side-of-life permanently. One day I will drop the He altogether!

Our Transgender Day of Remembrance Vigil is tomorrow evening in Barrie, Ontario and I plan on being there.

Hugs, :Barb

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?