Reply To: Breast Augmentation By Implant for Beginners

Michelle Lawson
MANAGING AMBASSADOR

This is from a comment posted by Dr. Michelle Roughton at Amelia Aesthetics: So under the muscle I don’t see a lot of benefit from textured implants.  Over the muscle is a different story.  Textured implants, as I am sure you know, are associated with a rare form of lymphoma (which is a cancer).  It’s super rare and even more rare to die from it, but you can.  Most of my patients freak out (and I would too, no shade!) about that and I’ve just switched to smooth all the time except for very specific cases.  The rate of capsular contracture with a smooth implant OVER the muscle is 6 x higher than when placed UNDER.  So I talk to most of my over patients about considering texture devices.  Time changes every woman’s body, breasts, etc with or without surgery so I don’t think anyone can claim that textured devices STOP drooping.  I’d just be really informed and know what to look for for the ALCL (lymphoma), which is late onset (think over 1 year later) seroma or fluid collection.  I hope this was helpful and not too scary.

More on the cancer and capsular contracture in the Safety (II) section, so stay tuned…..

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?