Reply To: Coming to a place of self-acceptance?

Anonymous

You have to hold your head up high, you have to come to a place of being honest with yourself.  You think you are “out”; your not out, you found a little micro-environments of acceptance and safety.  Within these special environments you are out and accepting of yourself.  You as I have spent years finding little niches of belonging.  You as well as I don’t dance the “Happy Girl” dance in a cowboy bar at Texas A&M. (I studied there for a while)

If you really spend some time inside yourself, re-feeling the joy of first cross-dressing, of feeling pretty, of special pleasure in the first time you shaved your legs; I could go on forever.  I first declared myself a girl when I was 4 years old; at that time my parents told me I had to stop acting like a girl because I was a boy.  I have fought that biological control of my gender & emotion ever since.  I have been cross-dressing for 60 years, and I NEVER thought that wasn’t my true self.  My knowing sincerely that I was really a girl has kept me alive for those 60 years.  A very few times I felt shame in my desires to be a woman; all because I allowed the “value structure” of intolerant bigots to momentarily penetrate me.

I believe one of the secrets of “coming to a place of self-acceptance” is to really work on your own personal “value structure”.  What really is important; what values are worth keeping, embracing, respecting.  I always knew I was really was a girl because of how I expressed love and emotion for just about everything, and that love and emotion came right out of me: the girl.

I have always been different than most people I hung around with.  34 year military veteran, starting with Viet Nam in 1971, retiring from the army in 2004 after Iraqy Freedom.  I lived in a man’s world, but I was always a girl in value structure & emotion.

So where am I going with this:  I have always known I was a girl, and I always accepted that I was a girl.  I just didn’t let restriction such as my body is “male” interfere with my truths; really no different than the restrictions one feels when in a cowboy bar at Texas A&M.  In 1952 I couldn’t physically be a girl, and that restriction lasted until a few years ago.  I took care of myself by not initiating battles I was sure to lose, by never not believing in my girl and how that girl was not only normal, but a good person with love to share.

First: you have to “come to a place of self acceptance” in your own mind and heart.  Own that place, believe in that place, let that place guide you, never look back.  Second: Transgender acceptance in society has a long way to go, so don’t go where you will get hurt physically or mentally.  Third: Lead a good life, let more and more people know you are transgender, a few here and there; let acceptance grow through your actions and deeds. Even do this carefully. Forth and finally: don’t do stuff you actually are ashamed of, build that “value structure” and let it help you in times of temptation.  It is called “Cognitive Dissonance” when your own heart & mind tell you what your doing is wrong.  But make sure it is your “Cognitive Dissonance”, a result of your “value structure”; not the uninformed, or the intolerant, or the ignorant.

We are all in a place of self acceptance.  The real work is learning to grow the size of that place.

Love

Lukcia Patricia Sullivan

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?