Reply To: Hi, I am Alistair

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Alistair:

The fact that you made it here is a major first step. Glad that you did that!

There are people here who are questioning and working to understand their gender identity to those who transitioned years ago and every point in between. Clearly you are not alone here.

Also, I have to say that you have a very smart friend so you need to continue to listen!

Anyway, you asked the question: What’s the point?

How I look at it is this. Every day of our lives we start out with a certain amount of energy that we can use any way that we see fit. But, what if we knew that a significant amount of energy was always going to get used in some way that we didn’t want and we have no control over it? There is a thought process that is labeled: “Bring your whole self to work.”. Often for LGBT people we may find ourselves in environments where we need to act like everyone else and we do that by hiding our real selves. We have to watch what we say, how we refer to those close to us, how we talk about how we socialize and where, etc. in order to not be discovered. So the thing is, image what we could do with the energy that is devoted to keeping our secrets every day? What if we could bring our whole selves to whatever we were doing? And that, dear friend, is the point…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?