Reply To: Dad coming to terms about me

Anonymous

Hi Allison ,

At first it was hard for my Dad to come to terms with me being a transexual . It was hard seeing one of his sons becoming a girl but over time he did come around and excepted me for who I am . A beautiful Woman . My greatest memory of him is when he saw me with my hair done up ( always had looong hair ) , makeup , nails , clothes and even shoes .

It was a beautiful day weather wise , sun was shining wind nice and calm making it the perfect hair day !  I was nervous as hell !!! Never had so may butterflies inside me before swarming around like a circus under the big top . That morning time sure seemed to stand still for me almost like Christmas morning and those gifts are waiting to be ripped opened , but you can’t . Everyone is still in bed sleeping ! However though the smell of frying bacon is very effective on getting family members to wake up !

A friend came with me , she said if things go south you will need support and someone to make sure you get home safe . I glad she came with me because it sure put me at easy . When we arrived at my Dad’s place and I walk in , he was sitting in the living room ….Hi Dad I’m here and Kimmy came with me …where’s the beer ?

When he saw me he stood up looking me saying …You are a spitting image of your sister Barb ..I’m proud of you and gave me the biggest hug I have gotten ! This was the first time I have ever heard my Dad say that to me . We talk for hours on stuff I never thought we would talk about . He never understood it fully , but he did support he unconditionally . It took him a while to get comfortable but once he realized I was the same person on the inside it was easier for him to come to terms . He encouraged me to be who I’m . He passed away 9 years ago and I really miss him …I could use one of those hugs right now .

Communication is the key here and the therapist can really aid in this , building a stronger relationship with you Dad . This can’t be rushed , time is needed .

Alexis

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?