Reply To: Lost in transition – Coming out to my wife

Anonymous

Hi Beth, this is a good topic. Even though I came out to my wife she’s still very upset with me. I tried to explain that I wasn’t trying to hide who I am even though I was, if that makes sense to you. I’m an older gal (57-58) and when I first really started to question who I was. I got shamed and laughed at(10-12). It has stuck with me through adulthood. I as well as allot of us probably have tried to come out several times until it sticks once we accept who we are. I didn’t hurt my wife intentionally, I just thought that my dysphoria would go away. It didn’t. I’m out now and happier than ever before. Scared some days. I love my wife, however I can’t let myself drown to save my marriage. If my partner can’t see that I am a better person because of who I am then, oh well right. People come and go in our lifetimes, but we are stuck with ourselves. I’m just trying to find my happynes and congruencey I have sought my adult life.
You will be fine. Have faith in yourself and you have people here to talk with. Most everyone is supportive.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?