Reply To: The last 3 years of my trans gendered journey by a 73yr. old trans lady.

Anonymous

Hi Shona,

I understand your predicament.  I am 68, and similar concerns were presented to me.  I am lucky in that my health seems to be adequate.  I still have to meet with the surgeon for a face-to-face sometime this summer in NY, so the final word will be determined then.  I am optimist that I can receive the surgery, but I am not counting that surgical chicken until it is hatched.

I have been on hormone replacement therapy for only 8 months, much shorter a time period then many others in transition.  I never want to go back to being a male, I didn’t like being a male; and because I spent 67 years doing male, I have a hard time liking males.  Basically, I am a female now and nothing is going to change that: surgery or no surgery.

I have contact my primary and request an orchiectomy,  I never liked them and want them gone.  I will not miss them even a little bit.  Research indicates that following orchiectomy the testosterone levels drop significantly to that lower then a cis-woman’s level.  This allows the discontinuance of the spironolactone and the Finistride.  I am going to do this soon.

You may want to consider this as a step in the right direction.  You are already a woman, so be done with the little guys.  I wish you the best in your transition.

Take Care

Lukcia

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?