Reply To: Why I Joined TGH

Michelle Lawson
MANAGING AMBASSADOR

After reading this a few times, are started to focus on the ‘why here’ aspect. Originally I was a member of one of the old style ‘forums’ that many are familiar with in the tech world or old BBS days. You write something and post it, and sit back and wait for someone to log on and reply. One of the members suggested i look at this site called CDH. So I did. And that was amazing. But I was new to this world, so I just noodled around, learning, and I doubt I posted much. But there was always a feeling, not CDH’s fault, of ‘this is nice, but do I really fit here’.

Then I saw this thing for joining TGH. Hmm, after some thought, I figured ‘isn’t that more ‘me”? And join I did. Slow at first. Hey, I was new, and I needed to show some respect, sit and learn, ask a few questions, don’t come off like a bull in a china shop.

Slowly I got more and more involved, came across some extraordinarily wonderful information. Oh, and the members I came across left me thinking, ‘these are what the outside world says transgender people are like’. Nope, quite the opposite; just normal people, with the same hopes, dreams, fears, and aspirations as anyone else. We simple just happen to be transgender. Nothing more, nothing less.

And then I started to make some friends here. And many took me under their wing ad helped me along. And then one day, and I do not know how or when, it hit me; I need to start trying to give back. So I became a Silver member and started to try to become the one that was helping others, and not the one relying on other’s to help me.

And one thing led to another, and somewhere along the line, there was this great conspiracy, and I was asked to become what I am today. And I couldn’t be happier.

So, when you wonder ‘why TGH’; ask yourself ‘why not TGH’ as well. For where else can you go? To another site that doesn’t afford you a place to be free of others that want to look at you with disgust, or as a piece of meat for the plucking? Or to another site, where the members are only about themselves, and you are just trying to find an online therapist because you travel all the time for work? Or a place where you want to do some reading to learn about all the stuff you need before you get surgery and there is nothing there?

So it boils down to ‘if not TGH, where would we go’? We would be right back to square one, wandering around in the dark. And I don’t know about you, but that to me was scary. So, to paraphrase JFK, “Ask not what TGH can do for you, ask what you can do for TGH”……. Michelle

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?