Reply To: Hiding Breast Growth at Work

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Fortunately our situations are/were very different from what many trans people face. You can pick up and leave if need be. When I came out, I was 3 1/2 months from retiring so there was no downside for me.

My public coming out was in front of ~130 people when I volunteered to be the Mistress of Ceremonies for an open to the public entertainment event put on by my LGBT employee affinity group. The audience included some co-workers. Beforehand I had The Conversation with my daughter and son (both grown and living in other states), 7-8 close friends and my then department manager. What I did suited me, but I would not recommend this to anyone else. I guess my thinking was that coming out is a non-trivial event and should be treated as such. BUT, and it is a Major But, many would be very uncomfortable with what I did. Therefore, we all have to figure out the path that we can live with and actually carry out. We owe that to ourselves…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?