Hiding Breast Growth at Work

57 Posts
25 Users
0 Thanks
Topic starter
(@emilyalt)
Trusted Member     United States of America, California, North County San Diego

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in ages. 2021 has been a roller coaster ride filled with uncertainty. One significant positive is starting HRT about a month ago. I'm doing estradiol valerate subq injections. No blockers. Monotherapy. Planning for the inevitable growth of my breasts is the subject of this poll.

My breasts haven't started growing yet, but I can feel changes. Notably my nipples are more sensitive and become erect easily. Tenderness is also becoming apparent. I think in a few months my breasts will start to become more noticeable. That's likely to be an issue at my work.

My workplace is fairly conservative - especially with the team I manage. Lots of toxic masculinity. I'm pretty sure I'll lose their respect once I come out, or if they figure it out on their own. Once that happens my job will become very difficult. So I want to fly under the radar as long as possible. I'd love to do that until I retire in about 2 years, but it's not realistic. If things get truly ugly, I can retire early. That's a distinct possibility. I have no intention of changing jobs this close to retirement.

So I need to find a way to safely hide growing boobs at work. It's a typical California office environment - loose interpretation of dress casual. I also use the company gym regularly - where I think it'll be harder to hide them.

I want to find out from the community what you've done to hide breast growth. I've been told binders are bad for growing breasts, so I won't be doing that. I have a few ideas what might work. If I missed something please list it in the comments. I'd also love to hear about products you would recommend. Thanks in advance!

56 Replies
(@airlane1979)
Trusted Member     United Kingdom, County Durham, Darlington

You should never have to hide your sexuality or gender at work. If your colleagues are behaving in a way that makes you feel belittled, humiliated or unsafe, you need to speak to your trade union representative. They will look at measures to put in place that will ensure you can do your job as a trans woman just as effectively as you were doing previously. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Managing Ambassador
(@jasmin1661)
Estimable Member     United States of America, California, Needles

I want to say don't worry what everyone else thinks. And who cares if you dress in suit and have breasts. I mean who cares about my breast growth. Its not like its anyone's business.

I cant completely mean that.  You have made it this far in life and made the decision to transition, so you need to accept and live with the consequences of your decision. Though it will be a bit hard as your body and mind change. And I do mean  mind change, that may be a bigger issue the breast growth. Maybe its just me. But the emotions come on easily than you think. just something to think about.

Other than than, I wear a bra, fitted tank top, loose shirt and safety vest with the breast pockets filled with something. It creates a illusion that works for now. If my research is right, I should natural max growth at about a medium B cup.

Hope that helps, a little, I am sure some of our other girls may have some creative ideas.

**HUGS**

Topic starter
(@emilyalt)
Trusted Member     United States of America, California, North County San Diego

I'm not concerned about being mistreated. Everyone on my team is smart enough to avoid gross infractions like that. They'll simply refuse to work with me. HR could compel them otherwise. If that happens they'll find jobs elsewhere. Every one of them is highly skilled and would have no problem finding work. Replacing them would be a difficult task.

Flying under the radar as long as possible is the safest choice for me. I don't feel like I'm giving up anything by doing so. I still get to be myself outside of work. Eventually the physical changes will become obvious. When that time comes I'll reevaluate.

Ambassador
(@flatlander48)
Noble Member     United States of America, California, Cathedral City

In the space between Here and There, it is a matter of what we can live with. It is a different equation for everyone. Eventually transitioning is enough of an upheaval without other potential side dramas. That is very telling and it is what can make each situation very different. There is no one road to town. There are many and we have to figure out which one fits best...

Page 1 / 12

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?