Notifications
Clear all

DO YOU HAVE OPEN AND HONEST COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR PARTNER / SIGNIFICANT OTHER ? Poll is created on Mar 15, 2024

DO YOU HAVE OPEN AND HONEST COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR PARTNER / SIGNIFICANT OTHER ?

28 Posts
14 Users
71 Thanks
Topic starter
(@barbiegoldwin)
Trusted Member     United States of America, Mississippi, Gulfport

Sitting at the dining table having breakfast of oatmeal with fresh sliced strawberries on top and a cup of coffee, I looked at my partner and asked a very intimate question about our relationship. What I got in response was a smile with eye contact and a very honest answer followed by, ....... "and I love you"....... So yes, me and my partner have a very open and honest line of communication. I feel that I could have any conversation at any time.

27 Replies
2 Replies
 Lir
(@inuyasha)

Estimable Member     Canada, Alberta

@barbiegoldwin 

Awe, that sounds so serene! That sounds like an amazing relationship! It's great that you can have such open communication with your partner! (It sounds like a delicious breakfast too!)

(@barbiegoldwin)

@inuyasha

being able to talk about anything creates a very loving environment between us. being cute and funny with each other also helps

(@christinagirl)
Active Member     United States of America, Tennessee, Cleveland

Having a wonderful relationship like I had with wendie makes a world of difference. Makes things worth wild

1 Reply
(@barbiegoldwin)

@christinagirl 

you and Wendie made a great couple

(@mariehart)
Active Member     Ireland, Connacht, GALWAY

No and frankly I  completely understand. She didn't deserve this and there's no reason why I  should expect her to accept it. I imposed it on her. I knew I was trans before I met her even if I tried to leave it behind. So quite rightly she  refuses to accept it. 

So I sabotaged myself. I'll never transition 

2 Replies
(@barbiegoldwin)

@mariehart 

thank you for participating in the conversation Marie

Lir
(@inuyasha)

Estimable Member     Canada, Alberta

@mariehart 

Honestly, I think that sounds really sad. I wish you the best, and I hope that being able to post on the forum helps in some way. Good luck, keep safe, take care!

(@kathy)
Eminent Member     United States of America, Missouri, St. Louis

Yes, I have a very honest and completely open communication with my wife about my true self, but she does not understand or accept me. I was born intersex and should have transitioned before I met my wife, but instead I married her 34 years ago (before the internet and local trans help). All those years of marriage, she knew I crossdressed, but I failed to impress upon her, I felt different. I hid my true self as a workaholic and with male actions/looks. When I retired and knew I finally needed to be my true self, I tried to explain myself to my wife. She refused to accept me, saying she married a man. When I explain I am intersex, she does not understand. We never had much of an intimate relationship (parts of me never worked right). We continue to have a very loving relationship. My wife is a very straight person and does not like/accept LGBTQI+ people.

As the HRT has enhanced my bust and begins to change my features, she wants to know what's happening to me, but the conversation falls short when she says I'll never be a woman. She asks me why I want a big bust. She asks me why I want to dress in woman's clothes. She asks me why we should stay together. We stay together because I am my wife's caregiver and we love each other. I can't expect her to accept or understand me completely - that may take more time.

When she calls me by my dead name, it is hard on me. Fortunately, I have a good therapist that helps me. I know I'm female, but my wife would never be seen as a lesbian with me. I'm happy to be called "ma'am, she/her" when we're out together, but my wife ignores those pronouns.

1 Reply
(@barbiegoldwin)

@kathy 

Thank you for adding your comment. I hope that you find everything you are looking for.

(@mariehart)
Active Member     Ireland, Connacht, GALWAY
  • I don't have a therapist. 
1 Reply
(@barbiegoldwin)

@mariehart 

Transgender Heaven is a good place to make friends to have open & honest conversations

(@necrospecter)
Trusted Member     United States of America, Texas, Fort Worth

I have it with both my wife and my partner, the part where it is a problem for me is knowing how to properly express it. I can not find the correct words. Being open and honest is very important. I was lucky enough to marry a woman 20 years ago who loves me no matter what then I was given even more luck and met my partner whom I have been with for 8 years now. Both of them love me very much and are still with me after I came out, unlike most of the people in my life at the time. We talk, we cry, we scream, we laugh, we are honest. Even when I am being a stubborn T. Waffle. If you can not be honest with someone you are in a relationship with then it is not a good relationship. 

1 Reply
(@barbiegoldwin)

@necrospecter 

well said Halie

Managing Ambassador
(@alexispw)
Estimable Member     Canada, Alberta, Edmonton

Only communication I get back in return is ...meow , meow ,MEOW ending with a purring sound ! 

Stay cool

Alexis Looking At You  

Managing Ambassador
(@alexispw)
Estimable Member     Canada, Alberta, Edmonton

Oh a four paws with very sharp claws ! 

1 Reply
(@barbiegoldwin)

@alexispw 

sounds like a one sided conversation Kitty  

Page 1 / 2