What do you think about TGH?

29 Posts
10 Users
51 Thanks
Bronze
Topic starter
(@keefjerky)
Active Member     United States of America, Colorado

To help boost the trans-masculine community on this site, I’m calling all males to give their opinions on this poll. Thanks.

28 Replies
2 Replies
Ambassador
(@flatlander48)

Noble Member     United States of America, California, Cathedral City

@keefjerky Unfortunately, when you open a door, you never know who will walk through. We would like to have a stronger presence of trans men, but obviously we are not there yet.

I suspect (suspect being the operative word) that more trans men are in stealth mode and don’t particularly align themselves with the greater trans community. Several years back I held office in a local trans organization. It was VERY difficult to reach any sort of critical mass with trans men even though the support/discussion group that we set up for trans men was led by a trans man. Quite specifically, no trans women were involved.

It feels like trans men seem to have less of a need for external support and socialization with their peers compared to trans women. This is just an observation and I would like others to comment on this as it could make for an interesting discussion. Also, if anyone has any ideas to boost the participation of trans men, please share your thoughts.

Managing Ambassador
(@michellelarsen1)

Noble Member     United States of America, Virginia, Front Royal

@flatlander48 Absolutely. Spot on. I will guarantee all the guys here, that there is not a day that goes by, that there is not some discussion amongst the leadership about ways to get a greater degree of trans-masculine presence. Hugs to all you guys....

Lir
(@inuyasha)
Estimable Member     Canada, Alberta

I think it's a little frustrating because most of the members seem to be trans-women and though they are nice to talk to, it would be cooler if there were more trans-masculine members.

6 Replies
(@keefjerky)

@inuyasha , You’re not the only one. I feel the same way, too. And, I wouldn’t be surprised if other guys are staying away for the same reason. But the problem with everyone waiting for more males to join is that it will never happen.

Anyway, I’m almost always here and I’m a guy. So, feel free to join me in the FtM chat between 06:00 and 20:00.

Β 

Thanks, Keith.

Lir
(@inuyasha)

@keefjerkyΒ 

Yeah, unfortunately that's something that is really out of anyone's control.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

Ambassador
(@flatlander48)

@inuyasha If I were to describe the people that I want to have in my life, everyone would be represented: men, women, trans men, trans women, gay people and all sorts of ethnicities. The reason is simple. We will never have all of the experiences in life that we would like to have. Knowing all sorts of people is a way to tap into those experiences and learn from them; be enriched by them. Difference is not something to be feared. It is something to be explored, embraced and appreciated.

Lir
(@inuyasha)

@flatlander48Β 

I hope my post didn't come across negatively or something. I just meant that other trans men might be able to relate a little better or know the answers to certain questions more than someone else. I didn't mean to sound like I was excluding different people from my social circle and I've loved meeting everyone here.

Ambassador
(@flatlander48)

@inuyasha Not at all. For all of us, contact with our peers is an important and oft under appreciated thing. It helps when we can talk about things and others just understand without explanation.

My response had to do with why my knowing a broad range of people is significant for me.

Lir
(@inuyasha)

@flatlander48 Oh, ok. That's good :), I'm glad my message didn't come across badly. Thank you for clarifying though.

Smile Laugh Β 

(@wyrmwatcher)
Active Member     United States of America, California, Los Angeles

I don't mind chatting with trans women, one of my IRL friends is an older trans woman. I think mainly I am not used to the forum format (it has been a while since I last used it though I used to use it a lot).

I think I saw something about how Private Messages require a payment plan (is this correct?) and I am the only financial support, currently, for my chosen family that I live with. So that is no dice if that's the case. Trying to cut down on expenses I don't need to make.

But I will be popping in and out of FTM Chat when I can and contributing where I can.

3 Replies
(@keefjerky)

@wyrmwatcher , contact one of the administrators for a discount code that will make the Silver Membership free and then look up β€œThe Masc-Array” in the group search. It is a live chat exclusive to trans-masculine folks.

Β 

Thanks, Keith.

(@terria67)

Honorable Member     United States of America, California

@wyrmwatcher Hi Ali,

I had missed your comment....Β  "Private Messages require a payment plan (is this correct?) "

Actually, Every registered member has access to PM [ private messaging].

The PC [private chat/conversation] is reserved for paid members.

Regards,

TerriAnne

Β 

Lir
(@inuyasha)

@wyrmwatcher That's cool! I've only met a couple of trans people IRL and just briefly. (mainly because I'm a homebody and don't go out much lol) But it would be cool to have IRL trans friends. (of any gender or nationality).

Managing Ambassador
(@alexispw)
Estimable Member     Canada, Alberta, Edmonton

Hi Ali , Private messaging is free to all members , it is the private chat which is for paid member . So you can still send private messages on a free account .Β 

AlexisΒ Β 

(@terria67)

All,

I rarely look over here as we were always told it would be best to allow our FtM brothers their own space.

Having said that, Keith's question and later comments brought me here add to my tiny amount of comment.

I believe we on the staff will continue to strive to make the environment acceptable for our FtM members.

In this effort perhaps the community at large can be more accepting and Helpfull.

It is important for the existing members to realise we are gaining new members to perhaps share with as wanted.

While understanding we are Not losing our here-to-fore exclusive space.

No reason we cannot co-exist here on TGH as a greater community.

Our site owner Vanessa, our Manager Michelle and all of our staff are committed to providing a welcoming space for all of our FtM brothers.

Β 

Regards,

Terri Anne, Ast.Managing Ambassador [4/2/24]

(@mustangtoni)
Estimable Member     United States of America, Florida, Tampa

AmenTerri. There is room here for all on their particular journeys we all should do our very best T being supportive and accepting of one and all as we figure this whole gender thing out I say the more the merrier a big hug to all my brothers and sisters 🧜‍♀️

Bronze - Annual
(@firefly)
Estimable Member     Panama, Panama, Panama

Here I feel like I'm in a big family. I met some trans masc friends in Harrisburg and they were very nice. We had good times. I hope to hear from them again. That's right: we are brothers and sisters. It is important that we all feel good here.

Gisela

(@mariehart)
Active Member     Ireland, Connacht, GALWAY

It's onlyΒ  frustrating because none of the otherΒ  options makeΒ 

2 Replies
(@terria67)

@mariehartΒ  EXACTLY!!Β  A very Slanted Poll,Β  No Opt out and No PositiveΒ  questions..Β 

It has been explained to me as to purpose of the post.

Thanks Keith.

Terri

(@keefjerky)

@terria67, I did that intentionally to find out why the transmen might be steering clear of the site... and also the reason I asked for male opinions only.Β 

It's more for the discussion than it is for the poll itself.

Page 1 / 2

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?