Reply To: Tips & Tricks for Walking

Laurette
FREE

it’s not just mastering wearing of heels, it’s also what kind of heels you choose.

I’m 5’3″ in flats, but when I have my heels on, I’m anywhere between 5’5″ and 5’9″. That’s a good feeling! <span lang=”en”>After having only worn only flats for 10 years due to rheumatoid arthritis problems, now that it’s under control, I am again, as of this year, wearing heels more regularly. I wish I had come back sooner! I work in a smoke shop, which is a flat-and-jeans job, but I wear heels to and from work when I’m running errands or when I go outside to smoke a cigarette. But in the store, since I’m on my feet all day, I slip back into my flats. I think it looks more professional and business-like to be in high heels and it has given me a lot of confidence. They are nothing special; an earth color pair of peep-toes with 3-inch heels and a 1/2-inch platform. They aren’t as sexy as the 6-inch platform peep-toes that I wear once every two weeks, when I go out with the ladies for the evening. But they are extremely sensible and practical. My partner was my influence; As a bank clerk, she is out and about all day, every day in 3- to 4-inch heels. I too used to be a bank clerk; if I would come back to it, I would not have bought the peep-toes, I would have opted for closed-toe shoes.</span>Speaking of the platforms, I just bought another pair; the pair I already had, I fitted them barefoot. Since pantyhose season is here, I wanted a pair that I can wear with hose.

Nude heels, along with nude hose if you’re wearing a skirt or a dress, are always a safe bet. Not only do they make you look thinner, but they’re not as attention getting. If you’re not comfortable with nude heels, then tan, brown, black, white are safe bets, you should avoid bright colors. Also, open-toes or peep-toes should be avoided in the work place, stick with closed toes. Slingbacks are great because you can easily wear them barefoot or in hose, where with pumps, you generally have to decide when you buy them, if you’re going to wear them barefoot or in hose, and fit them accordingly.

If you have no problem wearing high heels, go for it! But, if you’re not comfortable in high heels, at least try to wear medium heels, 2 to 2 1/2 inches. Trans women generally have a harder time in heels than natural women because the natural woman’s hips and pelvis are wider than that of a trans woman, to facilitate childbirth. The much wider quadriceps angle that natural women have make it much easier for them to wear heels than trans women. All I can say is, “practice, practice, practice!”

These are my typical daily wear heels.

Laurette's

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?