Tips & Tricks for Walking

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I apologize if this has been done already, but I thought it useful to dedicate a thread solely to the fine art of walking in heels. Given the challenges it can offer, and how important a component it is in feminization, there seems a need.

3 Quick Tips:
      ————-
      1. To improve balance, try snapping your fingers in rythm to your walk, making it musical and so appealing to your inate senses. You might be surprised how much more confident and centered you feel once you’ve found your own, personal zone

2. While walking, to emulate the hip swing, try tenting your fingers gently and naturally in front of you. This simple act will force you to swing your hips in a much more feminine and appealing way

3. Someone else suggested to walk as if on a straight line painted on the floor, and even exagerate this motion at first. I have found that one very useful in moving in a more lady-like fashion

More tips on achieving the sexy walk we all want? Lay it on me, sistah 🙂

Stephanie xo

Wearing heels and leading with my hips and avoiding making my breasts get too much bounce worked for me.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

To follow up on Stephanie’s #3 above, the Runway Walk is an exaggerated version. Instead of putting one foot directly in front of the other (the straight line as mentioned above), one foot actually crosses over in front of the other. I other words, as you step forward with the right foot, it plants slightly to the left side of the left foot and vice-versa. Using the straight line method, or close to it, gets enough of the hip movement without overdoing it.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

A few days ago I finished binge-watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and I noticed something. She is a perfect example of the methodology discussed here. Look for a full body shot when she is walking down a street. Picture Perfect!

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

This afternoon I noticed something as I was bringing groceries in. When I would go back to the car to get more, I noticed that my arms did not swing in parallel. The movement was slightly at an angle going towards the center of the body instead of front to back.

Now, for another TV reference: watch Donna on SUITS

Anonymous

Believe it or not , I was watching CBS Sunday Morning and I saw Tracy Smith  one of the  reporters  in heels and it clicked as with me as  she walked.

I tried it and  it was to bad.   but I was  barefoot too but i got the  gait down  failry well

Anonymous

What does “try tenting your fingers gently and naturally in front of you” mean.  How do I do that?

Laurette
      FREE

it’s not just mastering wearing of heels, it’s also what kind of heels you choose.

I’m 5’3″ in flats, but when I have my heels on, I’m anywhere between 5’5″ and 5’9″. That’s a good feeling! <span lang=”en”>After having only worn only flats for 10 years due to rheumatoid arthritis problems, now that it’s under control, I am again, as of this year, wearing heels more regularly. I wish I had come back sooner! I work in a smoke shop, which is a flat-and-jeans job, but I wear heels to and from work when I’m running errands or when I go outside to smoke a cigarette. But in the store, since I’m on my feet all day, I slip back into my flats. I think it looks more professional and business-like to be in high heels and it has given me a lot of confidence. They are nothing special; an earth color pair of peep-toes with 3-inch heels and a 1/2-inch platform. They aren’t as sexy as the 6-inch platform peep-toes that I wear once every two weeks, when I go out with the ladies for the evening. But they are extremely sensible and practical. My partner was my influence; As a bank clerk, she is out and about all day, every day in 3- to 4-inch heels. I too used to be a bank clerk; if I would come back to it, I would not have bought the peep-toes, I would have opted for closed-toe shoes.</span>Speaking of the platforms, I just bought another pair; the pair I already had, I fitted them barefoot. Since pantyhose season is here, I wanted a pair that I can wear with hose.

Nude heels, along with nude hose if you’re wearing a skirt or a dress, are always a safe bet. Not only do they make you look thinner, but they’re not as attention getting. If you’re not comfortable with nude heels, then tan, brown, black, white are safe bets, you should avoid bright colors. Also, open-toes or peep-toes should be avoided in the work place, stick with closed toes. Slingbacks are great because you can easily wear them barefoot or in hose, where with pumps, you generally have to decide when you buy them, if you’re going to wear them barefoot or in hose, and fit them accordingly.

If you have no problem wearing high heels, go for it! But, if you’re not comfortable in high heels, at least try to wear medium heels, 2 to 2 1/2 inches. Trans women generally have a harder time in heels than natural women because the natural woman’s hips and pelvis are wider than that of a trans woman, to facilitate childbirth. The much wider quadriceps angle that natural women have make it much easier for them to wear heels than trans women. All I can say is, “practice, practice, practice!”

These are my typical daily wear heels.

Laurette's

Laurette
      FREE

another comment on shoes. Designer Show Warehouse, DSW, https://www.dsw.com/en/us/ , is very friendly for large shoe sizes (up to size 14), as well as wide and extra wide widths. they’re certainly worth checking out.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?