Reply To: New UK Trans-girl looking for friends and advice

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Yes, I understand the deal with the NHS. Others here have discussed the same issues. My wife is a spinal cord injury patient and is in contact with other SCI patients in a number of other countries. Problems with the NHS is a frequent topic in that community as well. It sounds like, and it’s just my impression, the structure is in place but it is severely underfunded. That will just never work.

I’ve seen discussion by other members about self-funding, but as you said, that is expensive. That is one approach that some have taken to work around the long waits for appointments and procedures. Agreed, that won’t work for everyone.

One of the major problems in the trans community is isolation. This can happen in general, but it is particularly a problem for folks who live in smaller cities or rural areas. One of the good things that has come out of the pandemic is that a number of activities and services have been forced to function online via ZOOM, Google Duo, etc. This is VERY helpful for those who are not close to facilities. Going forward, whenever we go back to regular in person meetings and activities, it’s likely that a hybrid structure (in person and online) will be adopted. Anyway, hopefully you can get in contact with groups that have an online presence.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?