Reply To: Where I work many ciswomen are attracted to me as a trans woman

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

The article I posted is actually a video of a speech that I did for International Women’s Day back in March. Near the end of it, I specifically talked about the women’s community here. I mentioned how I felt embraced by the women here and how that surprised me. I have no idea as to exactly why this is, but it feels pretty good to me. Also, it felt pretty natural. While I do try to be mindful and respectful of my surroundings, I didn’t feel any pressure to conform to anything in particular.

In thinking about it, for you, some possibilities come to mind:

• You mentioned that you are well known in your work setting. That says that a number of people knew you before and after. There may be some curiosity regarding if you are the same person or a different person. From my experience, the answer would be Yes.
  • There may be a novelty factor. People may have read about Janet Mock, Laverne Cox, the Wachowskis, Dr. Lynn Conway, Stephanie Battaglino, and others and now you fell into their laps.
  • Folks know that there is a lot of scrutiny involving you and your situation. For the good of all concerned, some may feel that visibly accepting you helps the situation and may begin the normalization process.
  • Some may know other trans people in their lives and want to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
  • Anyway, I suspect that if you ask 10 people about why they responded to your situation as they did, you will get 10 different responses. I think we also have  to remember that women function very differently in social settings. Consensus and collaboration have a higher priority, so perhaps the thought is about creating minimal change in the work environment.

Anyway, you pose an interesting question! It will be interesting to read other comments. I would also add: Enjoy It!!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?