Reply To: Can I trust myself?

Well during my first session the therapist listened to me for most of the time we had. I think that one was 90 minutes long. We have since split it into 60 minute sessions, but he made it sound like 90 minutes was the standard. After I spoke, the therapist asked some questions. I answered them. We talked about how we would move forward for future sessions and about weekly scheduling them on the same day at the same time.
In terms of being gender-affirming, the therapist was very respectful and made no judgements one way or the other. It really was about me and what I was feeling and felt comfortable sharing. I am still confused but the therapist never tried to steer me one way or another. That’s all I can say for the first session. The therapist also mentioned that it was a safe space and you should be alone where nobody else can intrude on the meeting.
My advice is that you can feel safe and vulnerable and honest during all your sessions with the gender-affirming session. I was using my new name and pronouns and I felt safe doing so. I had new clothes on and some makeup. It felt very safe.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?