Reply To: Trans Etiquette

Lauren Mugnaia
AMBASSADOR

Hi Brie, Time to catch up with each other a bit. My wife and I, like you and yours, have separated, as of June 1st of this year I have been living 100% full time as a trans woman named Lauren. For those who don’t know my story, my birth name is actually Lauren, and that caused me a lot of grief during my school years, to the point where I asked the school office to simply change the spelling to Lorne when I ended up in girls PE and home room. (The home room would have been very nice, but I know the PE class would have been problematic, LOL)
So there isn’t a dramatic pronunciation difference between the two, my wife is actually making sure she’s calling me Lauren, but other older connections still refer to me by the other dead name.
Brie, I completely hear what you’re saying about things being too raw at this point. She says she doesn’t want a divorce and we keep in touch and talk with each other on a daily basis, but even though she sees all my photos on my Facebook page and knows what I look like as a trans woman, she still doesn’t want to physically see me face to face. We will remain good friends, but, at this point in time, from a distance.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?