Reply To: Stopping transition to save family

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Jayde:

Human life has consequences and they can be positive or negative. We can only do the best that we can at any give point in time. Tomorrow, next month or next decade, we may make better decisions but we could also make worse ones. That is just how it is.

Imagine an equation with MANY variables. Such variables would represent our personal histories regarding where we are from, other places where we have lived, family histories, education, married life (or not), work histories and on and on. All of these variables can play out differently from one person to the next. The result is that no trans person’s journey will be exactly like another’s. We must all solve our own equation for ourselves and our particular situation.

That said, I’m sorry that your situation has turned out like it has. However, you are not the first and you won’t be the last. On a positive note, you seem to have clarity about your current circumstances and decision. Clearly this decision was not easy for you, but sometimes our decisions reflect more of what we Must do rather than what we Want to do.

I read something recently that said one of the most powerful and significant things that we can do as humans is to be in service to someone else. Going forward, I wish you and your family all the best!

On another note, the concept of detransitioning is a hot topic among anti-trans folks. Numbers are often presented without any specificity, but the reality is that people may choose to not continue on their journey for reasons that are not directly related to their gender identity. In this case, your decision is based on family concerns. Others may be forced to discontinue their progress due to financial reasons, medical complications, employment issues, hostility in the area where they live and a number of other reasons. Further, when conditions change, many continue on their journey. The moral to this story is to pay attention to what one reads as some significant spin my be involved in an attempt to lead one to a specific thought process. You could call that a Sin of Omission.

Be Well!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?