Reply To: What age did you know you were transgender?

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

The thought of being transgender didn’t really occur to me until 2015 when I was 67. From childhood I always knew that there was something different about me, but by late high school/early college I thought I might be gay or bisexual. However, that notion was thoroughly suppressed and I did the traditional career-marriage-kids thing. In a way, this was reinforced when I had my first encounter with a man at age 49. There was a very natural feeling and it just felt very pleasurable Without any sense of revulsion. It wasn’t until many years later after I started dressing that my thoughts shifted. I thought I was a crossdresser until my wife commented: “You may be transgender.”. I won’t go into the detail of the story, but when she said that, instantly many things began to make sense. In a way, that was a bit like shock therapy. That one statement broke through the layers of suppression and denial that I had fabricated.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?