Reply To: Transgender Think Tank (TTT)…

For years I tried to use a hypothetical situation as an example to maybe help  others understand we in the ‘other’ world are just people trying to get through life the best we know how, without fears, hatred, and violence, just like everyone else and that we all are in this together.

A high ranking politician making a name for them self  is headed to an anti LGBT rally to show their support and are involved in a major accident. Police are notified, ambulance is arriving. Things don’t look good at all. The ambulance driver looks the person in the eyes and says, “ I must inform you, you will die in minutes unless you let us save your life now. I need to tell you I’m gay, and my assistant is transgender. We can save your life now or if you choose, let you die right here.  So, what’ll be?”

The frustrating part of change is it’s slow coming. We can have parades, interviews, law suits, protests, etc, but nothing we do will move the issue along faster. I think educations at the grassroots level, media interviews and discussions will keep the wheels rolling. As for a magic pill to solve it all? Not in my lifetime sadly.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Jill Lacey.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?