Reply To: Being older as a transgender/cross dresser?

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have said for years that age is just a number for the government to keep track of you. Further, if you believe that you are getting older, you won’t be disappointed.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>Last month at our support group meeting we were discussing age and getting older. We went around guessing ages and some were somewhat easy to guess a close approximate age. I was pleased as punch that nobody even came close to guessing my age or even coming close. The oldest and closest guess I got was 58. I even gave them a clue saying I was retired. The other clue I gave was that I had been well out of the closet and a public speaker for Transgender issues at most of the colleges and universities here in Ontario for 25+ years.</p>
Needless to say, they pretty near wet their panties when I told them I was 72. Even in a male mode without the advantage of wig and makeup, I don’t look close to my age most put me between 60 and 62 and most are surprised when I tell them I retired as a consulting engineer when I was 65.

Many ask about my secret and my usual reply is confidence, knowledge, attitude, and good makeup. Even being out in public as long as I have, I still regret waiting as long as I did.

I think the biggest challenge to overcome is fear and most if not all are totally without any real substance. I was once out shopping alone as a female in downtown Kingston Ontario when a group of five of my staff was walking directly in front of me. I immediately thought oh crap they have been working for me for six years sure as hell they are going to notice me. What do I do? Confidence must have kicked in as  I walked right through them without the tiniest recognition. Right then and there I recognized that if I could pass that test  I could pass anywhere and that has been the case for about 20 years beyond that incident. That also comes with a unique attitude even if I ever did get read, so it’s who I am and I am very proud of the fact.

So to all you newbies out there let me just say that the very first time you are out and hear the sound of your heels on the sidewalk, you too will wonder just why you hid in the closet for so long.

Michelle Renee

St. Catharines, Ontario

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?