Reply To: Confused… and scared!

Abby, welcome to TGH.

I faced a similar dilemma about 25 yrs ago with a 1 yo and 5 yo.Β  Not having the support mechanisms of today I chose to suppress my true self.Β  Yes, I was able to do so and raise my children to adulthood, but I became a shell in the process.Β  The true me was wrapped up like a powder keg inside my hard shelled cocoon.Β  Once the kids were out of the house I started to re-awaken, but a series of circumstances led to the most stress I had ever faced in my life and I began to explode and worse yet at my family.Β  In the end it was what was necessary for me to come out and finally be happy.Β  It cost me a marriage and more, but what I learned was that I really wasn’t making my family happy, I was just making them stable all those years.Β  You can’t make someone happy of you aren’t yourself.Β  I implore you to keep working with your therapist to figure out the best solution in your life.Β  I wish I had done it so long ago.Β  You can PM me if you like.

Hugs, Ambassador Cloe

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?