Reply To: Mirrors

Shannon
FREE

Thank you for writing this, Daphne!  When I saw “Mirrors”, I had to check it out.  I’m still very new to HRT (little less than a month).  I haven’t been a particular fan of mirrors in the past, but since I started HRT (again, I’m a newbie and on low dosages while my care team meshes me and my levels), I’ve had a growing aversion to my reflection.  I think it’s because perhaps now that I’m listening to me and I trust what is true to me, I am becoming more euphoric, and when I see myself in the mirror, I see what I want to escape–an odd exoskeleton of malety unbefitting of my internal radiant femininity–and my dysphoria is greater?  I don’t know.  Everything seems so much more wonderful, except that dang mirror!  I tried bringing this up to my therapist, but we ran out of time (ugh).  Guess I’ll just have to keep putting up with that weird guy in the bathroom always trying to make eye contact with me when I brush my teeth for the time being.  Some day, though, I will be at complete ease when I get to see myself staring back at me!

Peace, Love, & Happiness to you Daphne!

Shannon

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?