Reply To: Help for trans/nonbinary ftm HRT decisions?

Shannon
FREE

Hello!  Thank you for sharing and I’m sorry about your dysphoria.  Dysphoria can be quite the beast at times, to say the least. I can’t offer any specific advice as dysphoria occurs along a spectrum and affects people in so many different ways.  And while I’m MtF, I will only be able to speak in regards to the general sense of gender dysphoria.

I go back and forth continuously wondering if I think of myself as nonbinary or as transgender.  Maybe 1% of the time, I’m complacent with being male, but want and wish I was female all other times, and it is sometimes a very strong feeling.  It’s that 1%, though, that I’m just not sure about and it’s that uncertainty that makes me wonder if I’m transgender or nonbinary.  The only advice I can offer is to seek out a care team.  I know that is a rather generic answer, but I can’t emphasize how much my therapist has helped me, and is continuing to help me discover my truth.  HRT is a course of action, but so also is just talking to people that are gender affirming of yourself and having them as a care team or as an emotional support system.  Also, being part of this group (TGH) has fulfilled in me a sense of community that is welcoming of who I see me as.  So, with that ramble, I guess what I value most with my journey is my support system, whether that is from a healthcare team, this site, or others that you trust and value.

Above all, I wish you peace and happiness!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?