Reply To: Help me understand.

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

No, being a crossdresser does not fall under transsexual. That term is reserved for people who need to, or have already, transitioned. Many believe, and me included, that crossdressers do fall under the umbrella term of transgender. In effect, it means crossing gender boundaries.

Similar to what you said, I never thought that I was in the wrong body. However, I came to realize that I am the amalgam of male and female perceptions and energies even though it took me decades to figure out what was going on. I consider myself to be transgender and non-binary. The vast majority of people that I have met here in the desert since I retired and relocated 4 1/2 years ago only know DeeAnn. They have never met Don. I have no plans to physically transition, but I have essentially socially transitioned. The only thing left to do would be to change my name, but that would be an upheaval that I don’t intend to experience.

I think what needs to happen for all of us it to put conscious thought into how things sit for us now and how we think events may unfold in the future. The idea is to go where YOU want to go and not be swept along by events that you cannot control…

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?