Reply To: New to Transgenderheaven. So, here’s a new life story.

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

Something that has always been useful to me is the realization that if I can describe something well enough that someone else can understand, I’ve gone a long way towards processing what has happened and begin to move forward. So, I think you’ve made a good step.

I would imagine that continuing to see a therapist is a good thing. From time to time I’ve seen text that suggests some expect a therapist to solve their problems for them or tell them what to do. That’s not it at all. By asking questions and listening to the responses, a therapist can begin to see what is really troubling a person and understand how it all came about. What they will do is to get you to think about how you got to this point and options and issues going forward. From my experience a therapist will help to focus on things that may have been dismissed or not considered because they might have been to painful. We tell ourselves all kinds if things to minimize the possibility of change. Usually, however, that is not the best way forward…

Hang it there!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?