Reply To: Marcy for the first time

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

[postquote quote=90819]

There isn’t much to tell, actually. I came out on October 10, 2015 in front of ~130 people. I was the Mistress of Ceremonies for an annual entertainment event put on by my LGBT employee affinity group. He had hired Ian Harvie, a trans man comedian, to be our entertainment and for me it was a golden opportunity. Later on in the month I was involved in 2 other events, where I was not dressed, but I discussed the entertainment event and closed with a photo of me with Ian Harvie. For that October I came out to ~205 people including my daughter and son, 7-8 close friends and my department manager. I have a photo of me with Ian and I’ll see if I can post that later.

However, the key point is that I retired about 4 months later and I never went to work dressed. Although some of my peers were in the audience, no one ever approached me outside of a couple of training events where I presented the transgender piece.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?