Reply To: Question for all generations

DeeAnn Hopings
AMBASSADOR

In a couple of days I will be 72. I identify as transgender, non-binary. Fortunately I have never had dysphoria to any noticeable degree. What I finally realized was that I have male and female parts within me and it has always been like that. DeeAnn is not a different person from Don. The only difference, and it is a small one, is that DeeAnn is somewhat more open and social.

This realization came to me about 6 years ago and I reacted to it 5 years ago. I am dressed probably 90% of the time when I leave my house and that feels appropriate and right. I do occasionally present as Don, but only for specific reasons. I have no problem in doing so.

While my social transition is all but complete, I have no plans for HRT or gender affirmation surgeries.

A few times I have thought about what might have happened if I had started sooner. First, it would have had to have been ‘way sooner to have an effect on my kids are they are 45 and 39. I suspect my first marriage would have ended sooner. But, the real question mark would be career implications. I’m a retired mechanical engineer. Over 43 years I’ve been in many factories and machine shops in the US and in other countries. As difficult as my life was sometimes, I suspect that it would have been MUCH more difficult had I discovered what my gender identity was and responded to it many years ago..

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?