Reply To: What age did you know you were transgender?

Like many of you I realized I like wearing my mom’s clothes playing dressup with my older sister when I was 4. We got caught by my mom enough times that when I was 6 they started having counseling for me and one thing led to another with counselors and therapists who at first thought I was just a crossdresser, but eventually my therapist thought it was more complicated than that. He had no experience with anyone being trans, but his partner had one trans patient so switched me to seeing her. So through therapy with her we kinda figured all this out together that I was trans. She talked to my parents about this and once they realized this was serious for me they said they loved me and supported me. All this happened happened when I was like 8-11. So when i was 12, I started on blockers and later hormones and let my hair grow long. I was mostly dressing as a girl at home and one day when we were on vacation, they decided since no one knew us, it was a chance to see if I could pass in public. I did. At at 15 we moved across town and that was the summer we moved across town where no one in our new neighborhood knew us. So that is when I went full time. A layer my dad knew got my name legally changed and I started high school in the Fall as a girl. Not always easy, but I never been so happy. At least until the pandemic hit and school closed. Hope this gets over soon so I can go back to school, see my friends and graduate this spring.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?