Reply To: A personal welcome to TGH from the Original Cyn

Cyn,
All the best words have been taken, I’m afraid.  I guess that’s what I get for coming late to the party, right?
But, I’ll echo a few of those thoughts here because, honestly, I still didn’t tell my ex-wife that I wore her dresses in secret. Lol.  I have just started in the active and lucid part of my journey, looking down the road of exploration and very likely full transition.
However, I acted like you did with the “dipping a toe” episode with my first ever interview with a general therapist (the kind they keep at colleges, most often for help with students under stress).  I stammered and choked out the words “transgender issues” like I was confessing to murder.  Within a few sessions I figured out she didn’t care and that it was all okay to talk about.  A total opposite to my previous experience of trying to talk to friends or, later, come out to my wife (at the time).  Ya, that last one set me back years, but it is open spaces like this one that, like you, I have been able to talk about my “secret me”.
Thank you for being courageous and standing by others as an ally!

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?